Monday 15 October 2018

Evaluation - Cutting Hedge




The task was to make a video for MESH as a class, this is because in college I’m doing corporate videos in TV and Film and needed an external source, and then someone from MESH contacted the college to ask if we could make a video documenting the ongoing project. I worked with Emma Rees and Reece Johnson in my part of the video, and my role in the group was using the camera and filming different parts of the MESH building, also we interviewed a lady called Jane Palmer who was a link between the external organisation and East Norfolk. We interviewed Jane because she works with both the college and MESH and so she could explain how they link. We had to research MESH and Jane before filming and we also completed pre-production paperwork for the parts we were responsible for.

I think that the most enjoyable part of the project was editing the footage that we took, because I’m not overly confident in using a camera and I enjoy editing in Premier Pro anyway, also while editing it, it felt like the whole video was coming together. I think that the most challenging part of the video was using the camera between three people, this is because all of us had different ideas on what to film and while one of us was filming the other two were just stood there not doing anything. The project helped my personal development because it helped me gain confidence in working with external sources and with interviewing people. What I’ll take out of this project is knowing what it’s like to work with a lot of different people to make a corporate video. I did learn more about using the camera and it was useful to edit, as I like doing it, and to learn more about camerawork, which I am not as confident with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Camera Techniques Essay

This essay is about the different aspects of a single camera production and the different genres and formats within them. Camera : When ...