Thursday 19 April 2018

Documentary


Why do people like K-pop?
  1. ·         Its catchy
  2. ·         The dances are good
  3. ·         They usually sing live while doing hard choreographies
  4. ·         Not all the idols are Korean, and so fans from those countries can hear them speaking their language.
  5. ·         The idols are similar ages to the fans (some idols are really young, for example NCT Dream where the eldest member was born late 1999 and the youngest was born early in 2002, and also you have idols who are quite older for example H.O.T and Seches Kies where the eldest member in both were born in 1978 and the youngest in 1980).
  6. ·         The groups have a different range of members – some have 2 (AKMU) and some have 18 (NCT) or 13 (Seventeen)
  7. ·         In the group the members sing, rap and dance. Also some of them can do more than one for example, J-Hope and Jungkook from BTS are known for being good at all 3.
  8. ·         The idols are hardworking and train from a young age – without even seeing their parents for 4 or 5 years, maybe more, and it’s not even guaranteed that they will debut.
  9. ·         Variety shows – you can watch your bias do silly things while in pyjamas, or see behind the scenes of filming a bit of the dance practise etc.
  10. ·         Dance practise videos

·          

My favourite idea from the spider diagram is to do my documentary on why people like K-pop, rather than the entirety of K-pop because then I can interview people about K-pop rather than only having clips. 

The documentary is about why youth in Britain like K-pop, and how it’s gotten popular over the years. The format of the documentary is an expository as it’ll be explaining how K-pop has gotten increasingly popular over the last couple of years, and the genre is educational as it’ll teach the viewers about K-pop. The primary target audience is anyone who likes K-pop and the secondary audience is people who don’t know that K-pop is getting popular around the world. The aim of the documentary is to educate people on K-pop and to show them that it is quite popular and not as bad as they think it is. I will be filming inside the college during one of my clubs as that is about K-pop and so I can ask people there different questions. I will be the only person doing the documentary and so I’ll be the person filming, and so I won’t need any other crew in that sense, however I will need people to be interviewed, however I can just ask them and then film during club. All I need for the documentary in terms of equipment is a camera, tripod and a mic to pick up the talking in the interview, I can get all of this from skills at college and so it won’t be that difficult to get. I don’t have a budget for the production as it won’t cost anything due to me being able to take the equipment for free from skills.

  
My favourite idea from the spider diagram is to do my documentary on why people like K-pop, rather than the entirety of K-pop because then I can interview people about K-pop rather than only having clips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Camera Techniques Essay

This essay is about the different aspects of a single camera production and the different genres and formats within them. Camera : When ...