Monday 16 October 2017

Depict! Research

The Fish and I by Babak Habibifar

https://www.depict.org/2017/the-fish-and-i/?category_request=2017

One of the videos that I liked was 'The Fish and I' by Babak Habibifar. I liked this clip because it showed the love between a person and their pet, even if their pet is a fish. It also shows that someone will do anything for their pet, even flood their room to make sure they are safe. My favourite part was at the end when the fish swam up to the person and went under their hand
The whole thing is filmed in black and white to show the emotion of the video, also near the end when he is filling up the room with water, the camera keeps cutting to show that he is filling up the jug multiple times to empty it. 


Lighter by Harry Plowden

https://www.depict.org/2017/lighter/?category_request=2017

The second video I liked was ‘Lighter’ by Harry Plowden. I liked it because it’s a tracking shot following a homeless man walking around a city at night, while in the background you can hear people saying that they don’t have money or that they need it for themselves. I liked it because it shows it from the homeless person’s point of view.
I thought the scene where the voices in the background suddenly stopped was good, because I thought it was as if he was rethinking what people had said to him and then when he saw two people walking towards him he stopped thinking about it.
I also liked it that when the guy that was smoking walked passed it was a collision cut, and when it slowed down and zoomed in on the cigarette, because it draws our attention to it. Also I liked how near the end when he starts smoking you can see the pleasure he get from it, and also that noise came back.

Creator by Anton Dushkin

https://www.depict.org/2017/creator/?category_request=2017

The last clip I liked was 'Creator' by Anton Dushkin. I liked this one because it shows that sometimes people take something that someone else has created, and they use it for themselves. I also liked how the one who's stealing all the stuff is blue, which connotes that he is sad because he can't create his own stuff.
The reason I liked it was because things like this really happens in life and behind the comedy of the cartoon it holds the sad truth of this going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Single Camera Techniques Essay

This essay is about the different aspects of a single camera production and the different genres and formats within them. Camera : When ...